Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blues Moon Radio Playlist Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2015 Devil & the Doctor Blues



Blues Moon Radio Playlist
Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2015

Devil and the Doctor Blues

Drink Small, pictured here at his 80th birthday
celebration at Music of the Carolinas class in the Institute
for Southern Studies at the University of South Carolina


Happy to celebrate the 82nd birthday of our beloved, iconic, legendary Bluesman, Drink Small.

He'll be featured in tonight's show and will appear on his birthday at the Mousetrap in Middleburg Mall off Forest Drive in Columbia SC for a happy hour show starting at 4 p.m. Wednesday, January 28, 2015.

For a taste of what you will hear, click on this video from Sunday's show.



Tonight's show will correct the devilish technology error that prevented our playing the second half of last week's show, Gamblin' with the Devil. And we'll feature lots of tribute songs to doctors in honor of The Blues Doctor, Drink Small.

We also feature another play from local jug band, The Runaway Jug Band, with their title cut.

Enjoy the show! And please give Drink a shout out on his FB page (please click LIKE) at: Drink Small, the Blues Doctor.

Thanks!
Your host...
Clair DeLune

Playlist: 




2 comments:

Yvette M. said...

Hello, Clair. I don't tune into your show (or any other radio show) on a regular basis, but nevertheless often catch parts of it by luck when I happen to turn on the radio at the right time. Oftentimes lately, it coincides with my drive home from work. I wanted to let you know that I've enjoyed listening to your show for many years now, and I appreciate the work you put into it. You have a pleasant way of speaking which always cheers me up a little bit to hear. And of course, I also enjoy the music!

Your profile indicates that you've been broadcasting since 1990, which coincides with my years as a student at USC (1990-94). So I must have been listening to your show off & on, ever since those early days. Thank you

Blues Moon Radio with Clair DeLune said...

Thank you so much, Yvette, for such a nice comment and for tuning in for the whole time I've been on the air - off and on is a fine way to listen in. I do love to spend time crafting the themes and present them with love to the listeners - if you learn something, great; if you just hear something you like... that's what it is all about. Knowing people like it lifts my spirits and I appreciate YOU very much! Your Blues pal, Clair